Ah Khang

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Farewell Pune

Today is the last day working in Pune IBM, tomorrow morning I will take a cab with my Belgian colleague to Mumbai(180 km ride) as our flight will leave from Mumbai to Brussels. Anyway, he is leaving tomorrow night, while I will extend my India trip in Mumbai until Saturday night.

I did some visits on Saturday with the colleague. We rented a private taxi and went to stroll around Pune city. There were simply people everywhere, kind of the same impression as in China. However, infrastructure in India is much ruined and old. Roads condition is unbearable as they are not well planned, and small constructions scatter here and there to block the traffic. Anyway, we managed to visit the Pune Central Mall (though I didn't buy anything), the famous Laxmi shopping street (well see the pictures...), Shaniwar Wada Palace and Saras Baug park.

Sunday I stayed most of the time in the hotel watching movies, though I did take time to visit a few nice shops to hunt some local traditional clothes like Kurta. I missed the beginning of the closing ceremony of Beijing Olympic, but anyway it didn't look as glamorous as the opening ceremony, so I didn't really miss much.

Tonight we are going to celebrate with a big dinner for our last working day, I will certainly go for some cocktails again :) (they really have vast selections on cocktails and they are quite cheap compared to Europe!)


Laxmi road


Shaniwar Wada Palace


*Cow* on the shopping street...

1 Comments:

  • Visits, shopping, dinners, cocktails,.... Really, I'd like to work for a company like yours :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home