Ah Khang

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

21 March - 24 March Amsterdam Tournament/Trip

I went to Amsterdam for a badminton tournament during the Easter weekend. I have mixed feelings in the trip, however I must say I quite enjoyed it. A few things to highlight:

  1. There was absolutely no way to drive in the city, the parking fee was hillarious. It costed 6 euro an hour! So I had to settle with public transport, which turned out not too bad.
  2. I could't believe that they had assigned me a host who lived like 50 km away (well I exaggerated of course). And since I could't drive to the town, I had to take long rides everyday forth and back with a heavy badminton bag!
  3. Well no luck for the tournament, quarter final for both single and double matches. Anyway, I play in A category, the so-called highest category in this tournament. Shall I be contented with the results? No... not really, I do believe I could have done better.
  4. Knew really a lot of friends, especially those came from London. We exchanged contacts so that we would meet up again during my trip to London in a few days time!
  5. The best part of this Amsterdam trip must be the gathering with all the great friends since years! KC was absolutely welcoming as the host in Amsterdam. He brought us to many pleasant places and restaurants, took care of us between tournament and dinner time in his house and cook us some best meals!
  6. On 24th I went to have dim sum brunch with my best buddy Man, and drove him back to Brussels, before surprising him with a birthday party that had been planned since weeks together with other closed friends in Brussels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home