Ah Khang

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Amazing, how careless can I be!

Today I received an email from the project manager, joyfully declaring the first pilot deployment was a complete success! Client’s technicians are happily using the applications we have been developing for 2 years without a single failure! (I guess that must be the first good news I read from him since months…)

Then I was flooded with emails from project executive, executive manager from Global Business Service department, country manager...… With all these congratulation lines, wow, frankly, that just made me a proud member to have joined this project!

Then came all the employees at client site at 5pm sharp, with wines, champagnes, various juices, chips, chocolates, sweeties… That was hell a celebration in the office room with all computers lying around! Another surprise was loaded when the client lead manager gave each of us a bottle of champagne as recognition towards our hard work! So nice of him ;)

Oh did I mention he is kinda gorgeous too? :D

Ok, that basically was the festive atmosphere at this very Christmas season, until I packed my office bag and went to toilet before rushing to my Dutch course…. Well, I couldn’t just hold my laptop bag and a bottle of champagne and open my zip and piss right? Imagine you that?! So I just put the champagne aside on a window sill nearby. Before I could even turn my head, I saw the bottle drop down…. Before I could even scream, “SPLANGGG”… MY GOD, Here vanished my plan of getting drunk in one of these nights in the end of the year! I was just having this image of holding a champagne glass at Brussels Grand Place square with fireworks on New Year’s Eve!

But you know, I was still feeling fine, happily went to study Dutch. Yeah, because I know that IBM will send their employee another bottle of champagne, so I just need to wait for a big parcel from the postman ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home