Ah Khang

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Today 18 March

I have worked in the morning, trying to accomplish a few tickets Greg has assigned to me. I was busy the whole morning working with web interface and java webwork framework. Somehow I was so concentrated that I felt it was going to be the last few tasks to effectuate in this project.

In fact, that's true. I have applied for a half day leave in the afternoon so that I would go to Atos Origin to discuss about the new contract. Yet, I still worked until 1pm instead of noon. The meeting was at 4pm, so I took my time to go down town and have a nice Durum in a Turkish shop that I frequented a lot. Then I strolled around the street aimlessly in the sun, trying to set myself free, knowing that it's going to be day of turning point in my life. I stopped by the biggest shopping street and listened to a wonderful voice of a French guy who was playing guitar at road side. The sun was marvelous, every ray of sunlight was like an energy stream that would stimulate each nerf inside my body, reminding me a guy who came from a tropical country.

I would have listened for the whole afternoon to the voice if I was not in a rush. 4pm sharp, I found myself in the headquarter of Belgium Atos Origin, the office resides more than a thousand employees. I was rather thrilled, excited and anxious at the same time, as long as the contract was not revealed and signed, I was still in the croasroad.

5pm, standing in the big car park of Atos Origin, pumping my heart heavily, I started to smile. Yes! I have the contract in my hand, and I am going to work for one of the five biggest IT consulting firm in the world! the contract was gratifying, all the offers were fine,some even surpassed my expectation. I will have a car, and petrol is included. They will even order a new car for me after 6 months probation period.

After two years in Belgium, I know I am moving up steadily in the hierarchy. It was not an easy path, though I have a lot of chance and tremondous help from Luc. I am grateful, not only to those who lent me a hand, but also those who have pushed me and insulted me. They were the force to keep me moving and striving even harder. I may not be the best, but I will not be a loser, that's why I always exige and prove myself that I can achieve one day.

We will see, a new journey is waving to me. For what may come, I know my choice is made. Smiling, I am writing this post, knowing that I am going to kick some berks in the company before I leave.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations!! :) i'm happy for u..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home